Can you tell that I’m excited about the holidays? Plummy lipstick? Check. Silver eyes? Check. Pearl and gold jewelry? Double check. There is nothing I love more than looking festive, but this look can also be easily worn throughout the year.
Prepare yourselves, there is more of this to come, plus a variety of extras! Expect a tutorial on how I cut my hair at home, trending product reviews, and more from my DIY Beauty series.
Prep, Foundation & Concealer
- Starting with the basics: I moisturize my face with Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion and my under eye area with ELF Eye Illuminating Cream.
- I prime my skin with NYX Angel Veil and prime my under eye area with ELF Hydrating Under Eye Primer.
- Using a Beauty Blender, I apply a mixture of Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in Soft Tan and Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation in Light 29 to my entire face.
- To highlight and conceal, I use Urban Decay Naked Concealer in Light Warm in a V-shape beneath my eyes, in the middle of my forehead, down the bridge of my nose, on my chin, and on my eye lids.
Highlight & Set
- To set everything I take the Real Techniques Setting Brush and place a mixture of the highlight shades Lucid and Lyric from the Kat Von D Shade and Light Contour Palette, and place a generous amount over the areas that I highlighted with concealer.
- I also add a generous amount to my jaw directly below my contour line.
- I allow the extra powder to sit on my skin for a few minutes to “bake” before brushing off with a Morphe Brushes G23 Soft Fan Brush.
- With the Real Techniques Sculpting Brush, I take the contour shade Sombre from the Kat Von D palette and contour beneath my cheekbones, underneath my jaw bone, along the hairline on my forehead, down my temples, and along the parallel sides of the bridge of my nose.
- After blending I apply the first color from the Morphe Brushes 9B Blush Palette, a soft orange-pink, using the blush brush from the BH Cosmetics Party Girl Brush Set.
- Using the same fan brush as earlier, I then apply the Jaclyn Hill by Becca highlight in the color Champagne Pop, mixed with the first shade of pale white highlighter from the Carli Bybel by BH Cosmetics Palette to the tops of my cheekbones, my forehead just above my brows, and the bridge of my nose.
- I shape my brows with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Ebony, fill it in with the ABH Brow Powder in Dark Brown, and set it into place with the ABH Clear Brow Gel.
- I take the color Peach Smoothie by Makeup Geek, a matte light peach beige, with a fluffy blending brush into the crease of my eye and start blending upward. This is going to be our transition shade.
Crease Line and Lid
- I then apply the color Deep Skin by Morphe Brushes, a satin soft gold peach with pearl, directly into my crease with a small tapered blending brush using windshield wiper motions.
- I reapply this color a couple times to build the color, making sure it blends into my transition shade but stays directly within the crease.
- I first prep my eyelid with a small dab of Glitter Glue by ELF. Using a flat shadow brush I take the color Champagne from the Lorac Pro palette, a white and pink shimmer, and press it onto the center of my eye lid.
- Once the color is as vibrant as I want it to be, I then go back in with a blending brush and just make sure the crease is evenly blended and there are no harsh lines.
- I then go back in to the Champagne and add just a touch more color to the center of my lid.
Wing, Liner and Highlight
- I take a small angled brush to draw on my eye liner using the NYX Gel Liner in Jet Black. I get as close to the lash line as possible and press down on the lid to create a black line. I wing this out when I reach the outer corner of my eye.
- I then use the color Shimma Shimma by Makeup Geek, a shimmery pale beige, to highlight the inner tear duct with a fluffy blending brush, and a small flat shadow brush to highlight my brow bone just below my eyebrow.
- Finally, I take the ColourPop creme gel colour in Kicker and glide it below my bottom lash line using a small eye defining brush, making sure to blend into the outer corner of my eye to give it a rounded out look.
Mascara and Falsies
- I apply Urban Decay Perversion Mascara to my top and bottom lashes.
- For my falsies I choose Ardell Curvy Black Lashes #410 and apply them using the Vegas Nay by Eylure Lash Glue.
- For my lips I both line and fill in my lips with ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in the color Chilly Chili, a beautiful plummy brown.
- I set the entire look with Mario Badescu Facial Spray.
Let Me Know!
Do you plan on taking advantage of any cosmetics specials over the next couple months? Where do you purchase cosmetics from during the holidays?
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Cream
ELF Illuminating Eye Cream
Angel Veil Skin Perfecting Primer
ELF Studio Hydrating Under Eye Primer
Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation Light 49
Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Concealer Light Warm
Kat Von D Shade and Light Contour Palette
Real Techniques Setting Brush
Real Techniques Sculpting Brush
Morphe Brushes G23 Soft Fan Brush
Morphe Brushes 9B Blush Palette
Carli Bybel Palette by BH Cosmetics
Jaclyn Hill and Becca Highlight in Champagne Pop
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz Ebony
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo Medium Brown
Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel
Mophe Brushes Deep Skin
Makeup Geek Peach Smoothie
Editorial Director and Beauty Expert