This appetizer is a game changer. Not only is herbed skillet bread with creamy blue cheese dip totally delicious, but you make it together in one pan at the same time. Serve it straight from the oven, warm and gooey.
This treat is easy to make and a fun way to serve a party dip. Set out some veggies too, just in case there is extra dip for the taking.
Herbed pull-apart skillet bread with creamy blue cheese dip recipe
Yields 12 rolls
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Rest time: 5 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill, divided, plus extra for garnish
- 2 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- 1 container prepared French bread dough (for 13-inch loaf)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- Vegetable oil, for the pan
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9-inch cast-iron skillet with the oil. Set aside.
- To a bowl, add the softened cream cheese along with the half-and-half, Worcestershire sauce and 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper. Mix well until the cream cheese is smooth and the ingredients are combined.
- Fold in the shallot, 1 tablespoon of chopped dill and the blue cheese crumbles. Mix to combine.
- Remove the dough from its container, and leave in a long roll. Cut the roll into 12 (2-1/2-inch) pieces. Roll the pieces into balls, and place them around the outer edges of the skillet.
- Transfer the cream cheese mixture into the center of the skillet.
- Add the remaining black pepper and dill to the melted butter, and mix. Brush the mixture over the tops of the rolls.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until the rolls are golden on top and the dip is bubbly. Carefully remove from the oven, and let sit for a few minutes prior to serving. Garnish with extra dill leaves.
- Note: The rolls and cheese may remain very hot inside. To serve, pull apart the rolls, and dip into the blue cheese dip.
More appetizer recipes